Tuesday 2 October 2012

Knotsam & Jetsam.


How Do All ;-)

Nothing much happening at the moment, so just to fill some space, here is a few pictures of a new key lanyard I just made.
When I used to cycle on one of those strange upright bike contraptions, I used to like having my keys to hand, attached to the outside of my rucksack so I did not have to take my bag off to get the keys out and open the gate and back door. 
The buttoned end of the lanyard was attached to the D ring on the shoulder strap, and the keys sat in the side pole pocket. 
Though I ride a proper bike now and don't need to wear the pack, I still like to carry a nice bit of knot work with me ;-)
The end of the lanyard has a 4 strand round sinnet eye which attaches to the key fob, followed by an 8 strands square sinnet. then a split button hole of two 4 strand round sinnets, a short 8 strand square sinnet and a fancy complex button knot.

The cord used is 2mm diameter. and the dragon fly brooch is an optional extra! (really just there for some pretty in the photos ;-)

The key fob is my old trusty double ender! made from scrap recycled, UV reactive Diabolo string.

Lanyard is about 650mm total length.

An 8 strand square sinnet bracelet in 1mm line with a complex button knot.

An old Mothers day gift which I stole back to get a picture, a complex crown knot button, Sunflower ABOK #900 in 3 mm cord, fully stiffened, also with one of my Dragonfly brooches.


A selection of my Dragonfly brooches, in 2mm line, fully stiffened, with a brooch pin incorporated into the knot work, much neater than gluing it on the back.






Thank you for looking.
Take care,
Barry ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey mate can you help me I am trying to tie a complex button knot. I would appreciate your help Ta Dom

Knotty Bear said...

How Do Dom ;-)

Shoot me a mail knotty dot bear at gmail dot com

Take care,
Barry ;-)